Who has posted your favorite blog?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gina Stopped By



Gina stopped by today.  Gina is about 5'4 and weighs 280 pounds.  She stopped by yesterday and asked my brother, her neighbor, if he would like her to come to the house and perform a cleansing with sage.  "It's a meaningful Native American custom," she said.  She continued, "I can go through the house with the sage (burning incense), cleanse and bless your home."  I turned away thinking of something I was trying to finish in the living room.  I heard my brother say, "sure come by tomorrow."
I turned around, waited for her to leave, and screamed at my brother. 

My brother's wife died less than two weeks ago. Cleanse with sage!  An old Native American cleansing!  I got over it quickly because I was there to support my brother not to stop people from supporting him.

Gina stopped by the next evening.  We followed her from room to room.  Then downstairs until we entered the room where my sister-in-law died.  "Should we do this room?" she asked.  My brother said yes, and we proceeded to gather near the room we wanted to avoid.  She had filled the entire room with the smell of sage and then turned to leave.  My brother said wait, and then embraced her with a hug of thankfulness.  We weren't converted to any new strange belief.  However we were touched by this act of kindness and this symbol of closure.

Gina Stopped By-And I'm Glad She Did.

LTL

No comments:

Post a Comment