Who has posted your favorite blog?

Monday, May 16, 2011

Blogging vs Journalism

It's difficult. You have to come up with a topic, first. But there's boundaries.

In our case, it has to be 'clean', and in every one's, it has to be something that your target audience can relate to. It's not exactly like writing a book, but it's close. For instance, a book has to be defined by a genre before it can be published. A blog, however, needs no genre; no identification whatsoever. But it still has to be relative.

You can't exactly blog about your life all the time (though that does work sometimes), you have to talk about stuff people know about for a high amount of readers. However, this doesn't always work, as each person has a different opinion on something than the rest of the world.

See, it's not easy, not at all. I can't deny that sometimes I have to turn to CNN for something to blog about, and I certainly can't deny that I spend a few minutes almost every class period talking to Sierra about different things (basically, brainstorming). I guess you could say I could be a journalist, but if I'm a journalist, I'm just a glorified blogger who gets paid for what he does, but there's a catch;

I have to have a strict opinion.

Now, as everyone, I have an opinion. But mines naturally the same and different compared to another person's. But hey, you can't please everyone, right? But I don't think I could make it as a journalist, really. I can't be defined by one scenario, or even multiple scenarios. I'm a person who you can't judge. At all. It's impossible, because I make it so. You can name me with any given word (excluding indescribable, and words of similar definitions), and I'll be different the next time you look at me.

Sure, you can say that's a bad quality, but being different is good. It makes me, well, me. Plus, I can control it and be good when I need to be, and I can certainly stick with one quality to be described by. But if I were to write as a journalist, I'd get bored of writing the same way all the time, I'd need to change views - but I couldn't because then I'd lose all of my readers, and the ones that dissed my column the first time wouldn't know that I had changed, because they wouldn't be reading it.


Yeah, this blog was random, and certainly crazy. But that's me, and I like being me sometimes.

Zombies aren't interesting, so be indescribable.

Repeating the same action over and over again.
Still expecting a different result.
Still taking different approaches.

~The not-quite-yet-insane Blue Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment