Who has posted your favorite blog?

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Want To Journal



I really want to Journal.  Really, I want to journal!  It's so cool.  I'll give you one reason.  Not close to being a reason enough to journal, but one worth mentioning.
Usually when you journal you date your entry.  Today, when this is posted it will give the exact time of the entry and the date.  Seeing that date is reason enough to journal.  Here is what happens when I see that date on past entries:
1) "Wow!  Was it that long ago that I wrote something in my journal?"  A simple recognition of time fleeting.
2) "What's happened in the intervening moments that I've forgotten since I last wrote?"  Introspection of events lost or forgotten.
3) "Did I write that way back then?"  Thoughtfulness concerning when a past event took place.
The Blog forces me to journal and reflect on what I once thought important enough to tell the one other reader of the blog.  The Blog reminds me of the importance of life events and how easily I forget or misplace them.

No comments:

Post a Comment