Who has posted your favorite blog?

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Changes

Everyone undergoes changes in their lives. Most of them that are noticeable involve getting taller, moving, and the sorrowful deaths of a family member.

However, some of the worst changes can be related to people who have siblings. The separation between two people that know each other so well hurts (this is typically worse in twins/multiples). As everyone knows, big changes occur around the time that someone turns 18 years old, whether it be you, a friend, or a family member. 18 is "The Big Year".

At 18, a lot of people end up moving out of their family's house and going to college, going to work, and even going off to travel. It's a really big change on every end, with parents dealing with their kids finally going off on their own, the person them self leaving their family for something else, friends having to find new ones, and the possible younger sibling losing the older, guiding brother or sister, or both.

You see, this is what's going to be happening to me between now and sort-of-late September of this year. With my brother and sister leaving to different places, I'll be the only one remaining in the house during most of the day, as my parents will be working. Sure, quite a few people - including some who have undergone this before - would say "PARTY!" or something, but it actually hurts sometimes.
My brother and sister have been big influences on my life ever since I was born. Them leaving hasn't ever seemed like such a big deal, but sometimes when we're walking home from The Funhouse after Teen Night on a Friday or Saturday, I've started to think, "This won't be happening much longer", which is the reality. They're both going off to better places, and some day I hope to do the same, but right now it's just a little saddening.

When you lose a friend, it hurts. A best friend hurts even more. But when it comes to a family member who you won't see for a while, it hurts a lot. If you have a sibling and you fight with them every so often, stop fighting, and cherish that they're with you then, because they might not be there later.



My family might just disown me for posting this. But I'll beat 'em to it


~The Blue Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment