Who has posted your favorite blog?

Monday, January 31, 2011

A Tough Monday

Today seemed hard.  Herbie battled sleeping in his classes.  Sean was sick and I missed his positive attitude.  Grant was sick and I missed his laugh.  Corrina was gone, don't know if she was sick, but I missed her pretending that she didn't know the answers to my questions.  Alex!  And where was Alex?  Off chasing rabits?  Halley was gone to Costa Rica.  It seemed like Monday all day.  Then there was the Egypt uprising and pictures of people shouting and screaming.  The strangest news video was of one soldier type shooting his gun in the air to somehow stop five thousand people from moving up the street in Cairo.  It didn't work so well.
Then I heard that Rush Limbaugh didn't appreciate Jack LaLane for all his thoughts on health.  Included in that barrage was the idea that eating all the fruits and vegetables is a liberal idea to take the fun out of eating.
That seemed like a bit much even for Rush.  One caller said that liberals were not going to take away his right to eat at McDonalds.  In my never ending battle to be a good moderate I'm going to buy my students donuts on Tuesday.  Big maple bars, glazed donuts, and apple fritters.  I'll do anything to relate to conservatives.

 ~ elmer fudd                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment