Who has posted your favorite blog?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday

It's Tuesday of Spring Break.  I'm out working in the yard-until I came in to do this blog.  That doesn't happen very often-the working part.
Actually, yard stuff doesn't appeal to me.  The purpose seems to be an attempt to impress other people.  After working in your yard, you wait, you hope, to hear someone say, "Wow, your yard is looking really nice."
So, my question is, what then?  However, someone fires back with, "Your yard is an indication of your faithfulness to the tasks and duties given to us by God!"  No it isn't!  Make people do better than that.  Make people tell the truth.  How about:
1) I want to sell my house so I'm fixing up the yard.
2) There's nothing on TV and I don't want to sit around and visit with anyone.
3) I'm trying to keep up with the neighbor and all the yard work he does.
4) I want to impress people.  I want people to say nice things about me and my yard.

Well, I must admit, there are many, many people who work in their yard because they love working in their yard.  Not me.  A few months ago someone told me that my yard was looking nice.  I felt great.  When I went in and told Judy, she simply said, "Well, that could be because it looked so bad for so long."  That's what friends are for-telling you the truth.

Well, back to the yard.  Going to kill some weeds.  On Orcas you have to sneak around when you kill weeds, or you'll get yelled at by the weed police, or accused of being from California.

I Love This Island!

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment